Education is once again among the dominant Indiana General Assembly topics. Our recent poll question asked your top priority among the following (all five options received between 11% and 30% of the vote):
- Expand voucher opportunites (30%)
- Increase overall funding (22%)
- Leave Common Core standards alone (15%)
- Preschool funding for students in need (22%)
- Other (11%). Specifics focused on increasing accountability, restoring traditional public schools and ensuring high levels of learning for all students
A large number of K-12 education bills remain in play at the Statehouse, not to mention proposals on higher education and workforce development. It's promising to see the attention devoted to such important issues. We hope the end results match the intentions.
Check out the new poll question (top right) regarding potential enhancements at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.