We combined the two in a strictly unscientific survey, asking the Best Places applicants to prioritize five of the Indiana Vision 2025 goals. There are no right or wrong answers, of course, but it's interesting to see how these top organizations rank some of the strategies that will help move our state forward.
The five goals and the average rank (1 being most important, 5 least important):
- Develop entrepreneurship and aggressively promote business start-ups through education, networking, investment and financial support: 2.3
- Diversify Indiana's energy mix with an emphasis on clean coal, nuclear power and renewables: 4.2
- Enact comprehensive local government refrom at the state and local levels to increase efficiency and effctiveness in delivery of services: 3.4
- Increase to 90% the proportion of Indiana students who graduate from high school ready for college and/or career training: 2.1
- Increase to 60% the proportion of Indiana residents with high quality postsecondary credentials: 3.0
Work is ongoing on all the Indiana Vision 2025 goals. The 2013 Best Places to Work program will culminate with the May 2 awards dinner. Rankings will be revealed at that event and BizVoice magazine will profile the 100 winners.