The topic of Values-based Leadership is one that by its nature invites personal reflection as well as an exploration of values and culture in the broader organization. This day-long workshop will provide opportunities for active discussion, stimulating presentations and observation of The Butler Way at work during basketball practice. This highly interactive day will include the following:
- Welcome by Butler’s incoming President, James Danko. President Danko has a strong personal and professional interest in values-based Leadership.
- Facilitated table discussions regarding leadership values. This will include self-reflection as well as guided discussions of team and organization values and culture that impact performance.
- Discussion of our core values and beliefs as leaders.
- A summary of leadership research and its impact on organization performance.
- A framework for values-based Leadership, organization values, culture and performance.
- Real world examples of values-based Leadership including a local business example.
- The roots and evolution of The Butler Way: it encompasses more than basketball.
- The Butler Way at work in the University’s sports programs, especially basketball.
- The opportunity to watch the men’s basketball team in a live practice session.