Conner Prairie’s Horizon Council (the interactive history park's young professionals group, of which I am a proud member) will host its second annual History on Tap craft beer event on Friday, May 31. Comments from attendees last year were extremely positive, and we're able to grow the event this year, as well. However, tickets will be capped at 500, so you'll want to buy early — and take advantage of the early bird pricing.
History on Tap 2013 will include:
- Beer samples from 11 Hoosier breweries
- A panel discussion: "Brewer Innovation: A Taste of the Past, Present & Future"
- Craft brewing demonstration by Tuxedo Park Brewers, featuring a "Replicale"
- An evening adventure through 1836 Prairietown
- Food available at an additional cost for general admission tickets, included for VIP tickets
- Discounted rate for the 1859 Balloon Voyage (weather permitting)
“We are proud to partner with Conner Prairie and award-winning, local breweries to present this signature event,” explains Robby Slaughter, Horizon Council president. “History on Tap is designed to provide an interactive experience that celebrates the rich heritage of craft beer making in Indiana and to engage a new demographic of visitors by giving them a taste of what Conner Prairie has to offer.”